It’s calm and very easy to download YouTube videos on Android and save them for offline use so you can watch YouTube without Wi-Fi or data connection, such as when you’re on an airplane or in an area with low internet connectivity. Using the official YouTube application is a way to download movies, music videos and other YouTube content that will save the content as EXO files. While this might work for you, there are also free YouTube video downloaders that you can try nowadays.
If you have a YouTube Premium subscription, download YouTube videos from the official YouTube application. This needs a paid subscription, but there is a trial version, and it comes with other features also the ability to save videos.
To save a YouTube video on your Android, select Download below the video and choose from the list of available options, such as 720p or 360p.
If you sign up for YouTube Premium, the Accept button will appear instead of Get YouTube Premium.
TubeMate YouTube Downloader
TubeMate is a free third-party application that downloads videos from YouTube, Dailymotion, Vimeo, and other video streaming services. TubeMate is now not available in the Google Play store. Download as an youtube APK file.
- Open the application and search for the video you want to download from YouTube.
- Touch the Download button.
- Select the quality of the video that which you want to download.
- Select the red coloured Download button.
- Choose the small white Download button at the bottom of the application to find the offline video. From there, move it to a new location, extract the audio from the video, change its name or delete it.
Y2mate downloader for YouTube
Y2mate is a site that downloads YouTube videos to your computer, after which you can transfer the files to your Android device. Another way to use Y2mate is on your Android phone or tablet using a web browser such as Chrome or Firefox.
When using Y2mate on an Android device, copy the YouTube link from the YouTube app. Go to the video, select the Share, and choose Copy Link. It may take a few seconds or more for the video to be converted to MP4.
- Visit Y2mate and enter the YouTube video URL.
- Choose the quality of the video that you want to download and select Download.
- If you download YouTube videos from your tablet or phone, it starts automatically.
- If you download the YouTube video from your processer, select Download .mp4 and choose a folder to save the YouTube video. Rename the video if you wish.
- After you download the YouTube video to your computer, transfer the file to your Android to watch it.
You can also read more infomation about: How to stream YouTube to your TV: 6 tips for enjoying videos on your TV.