Is your business joining the digital commerce revolution? By the end of this year, it is estimated that the total value for e-commerce will top around $3.4 trillion. In competitive digital era, it is crucial for businesses out there to adopt revolutionary digital commerce applications for improved results. Through evolution of advanced digital commerce platform, business owners can look forward to increasing brand value by promoting respective products or services effectively.
When you wish to ensure best results for your online business, it is recommended to be updated and aware of the latest e-commerce or digital commerce trendsout there. While you might be skeptical about the overall challenges involved in adopting the latest trends, you can still be careful and expect the best results. While implementing the latest industry trends, it is recommended to be cautious about bringing into effect the changes that serve beneficial for the end customers.
If you are willing to incorporate the latest trends
The respective customer engagement strategies for your digital commerce business
Here are some major ones to look out for:
- Personalization & Customer Engagement: In comparison to model of conventional retail shopping, the digital commerce platform is known to lack the overall convenience of face-to-face interaction with the end customers. For mimicking the traditional experience with the customers, e-commerce organizations are required to leverage potential personalization opportunities throughout the customer’s shopping journey. You can make use of personal online data of customers including name, page visits, search queries, and others to serve respective needs and interests of the customers.
- Chatbots and AI Assistance: By 2020, chatbots or chat-robots are expected to dominate the entire scenario of e-commerce websites. Advent of revolutionary technologies like AI (Artificial Intelligence) and chatbots is expected to only enhance overall shopping experience of customers. AI-powered assistants on online platform are capable of carrying out a myriad of business-centric tasks including handling inquiries and inventory management. At the same time, chatbots are known to maximize customer’s interactions with the brand for improved brand reputation.
- The advent of AR & VR Technologies: AR (Augmented Reality) and VR (Virtual Reality) –both these technologies are gaining huge impetus in the modern era. One of the major challenged as faced by the online businesses out there is to allow the customers to view and perceive respective products before buying the same. Therefore, it becomes difficult process to sell products like accessories, furniture, and clothing that most people like to review before purchasing the same.
The implementation of high-end AR & VR technologies in the e-commerce business scenario helps in resolving this major problem. It is achieved by allowing the customers to try on the products virtually without physically feeling them. Leading e-commerce giants like Amazon and others are making use of innovative AR & VR technologies for enhancing overall shopping experience of customers.
AR & VR technologies for enhancing overall shopping experience of customers.
- Popularity of Customizable Products: When it comes to boosting overall reputation of brand, personalization serves to be an important tool. There are many e-commerce stores out there that allow customers to customize respective set of products or services –based on their individual needs or preferences. One industry in which the utilization of the concept of personalization predominantly exists is the health & wellness industry. Various leading stores across world have been successful in creating personalized product lines that are based on specific health needs & preferences of end users.
- Going Environmentally-Mindful: It is not just about millennials or young generation being aware of planet Earth and its overall well-being. A greater group of the end consumers out there are becoming environmentally-conscious and wish to avail services from the brands taking into consideration the environmental factors while promoting certain products. As such, most businesses out there are putting in efforts to reduce the overall carbon footprints individually.
As per a recent study, it was observed that around 87 percent of consumers. Reported that they would purchase a product from brand that offered specific environmental benefits.
This offers the companies out there more reasons to go green right away.
- Progressive Web Apps: Last year was all about rapid implementation of advanced PWAs (Progressive Web Apps) in online business scenario. The given trend is only expected to boost in 2020. PWA allows business organizations to assist the end consumers without necessarily having a dedicated mobile app. Serving as a crucial part of overall consumer’s journey. PWAs provide the opportunity to organizations to deliver information to areas having a scarce Internet connection.
While trends keep coming and going, you should note that you should pay attention to the digital commerce trends. Significantly impact the overall consumer experience as well as conversions of your e-commerce business.
For your queries about best e-commerce practices connect with experts at e-commerce development company.
When you wish to ensure the best results for your online business, it is recommended to be updated and aware of the latest e-commerce or digital commerce trendsout there, information that websites like Nuanced Media can provide.
While you might be skeptical about the overall challenges involved in adopting the latest trends, you can still be careful and expect the best results. While implementing the latest industry trends, it is recommended to be cautious about bringing into effect the changes that serve beneficial for the end customers.